Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Looking to join an organization that is approaching the industry in a bold new light and disrupting outdated tech? Being a part of the BIO-key team means working with the brightest minds in the business to solve the most challenging problems in cybersecurity for enterprises around the globe.
We're leading the way with innovative solutions that have been shaping the cybersecurity landscape for the past two decades. Our products and solutions help customers in a simple, secure, and unique way. For us, there's no cookie-cutter "quick solve" – we take risks and bring creativity and impact to our work. Join us to be a part of a company with exciting momentum offering competitive salaries, stock options, and great perks.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team that is the primary point of contact providing technical support to our customers and partners for our security-focused software products. Responsibilities include taking end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution. Provide well-thought-out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain BIO-key’s suite of security products. Other responsibilities include keeping current with industry trends that can be applied to company needs and writing technical documentation describing processes and procedures related to this role.
Job Type: Full-time Day shift: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Independently resolve technical issues and questions from prospects, customers, and partners
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, screen-sharing, and an online ticketing system
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Create and update publicly accessible knowledge base articles for common support issues
- Set-up and configure PortalGuard software for POCs
- Be a BIO-key subject matter expert
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years enterprise software experience in customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role
- Strong multi-tasking skills to handle multiple disparate issues during the day
- Windows Server system administration/familiarity
- SQL administration/familiarity (Microsoft or MySQL preferred)
- Strong Active Directory fundamentals preferred
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person)
- Ability to learn new technologies and be comfortable discussing them with others
- Strong protocol or networking experience (HTTP, DNS, LDAP)
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (SSO, SAML, OAuth, Radius, Federation, etc.)
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
- Authorization to work in the United States without Visa Sponsorship
- Location - Bedford, NH - on-site/hybrid/full-remote acceptable
Who We Are:
BIO-key International, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKYI) is an innovative provider of Biometric Identity and Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions. BIO-key has experienced phenomenal growth, attributing its success to an understanding of customer's pain, having the ability to demonstrate a positive return on investment, and differentiating itself from the competition by delivering flexible security solutions that have rapid time to value.