How Southwestern Community College created a better user and admin experience with single sign-on (SSO) and self-service password reset (SSPR)
The Southwestern Community College District (SCCD) wanted to streamline their 30,000 users on multiple applications, while also reducing the high volume of password-related help desk calls. SCCD was looking to replace their existing identity provider (IdP), which was difficult to support and maintain. Additionally, SCCD needed a simple and reliable disaster recovery backup solution in the event of an on-premise outage.
With PortalGuard, Southwestern Community College District benefited from:
- A solution that is simple to configure and maintain
- Centralized self-service password reset (SSPR)
- Seamless single sign-on (SSO) to various applications using SAML and CAS standards
- Disaster recovery and increased application reliability
“Since we implemented PortalGuard, password reset help desk calls have decreased dramatically. The Single Sign-On implementation could not have been easier and we have since integrated it with SharePoint, Blackboard, Canvas, OWA, and WebAdvisor. The product is simple to configure and maintain. We could not be more pleased with how this product and company have worked for our needs.”
- Clifford Sharp Network Security System Analyst, Southwestern Community College
Download now to keep reading!