Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Looking to join an organization that is approaching the industry in a bold new light and disrupting outdated tech? Being a part of the BIO-key team means working with the brightest minds in the business to solve the most challenging problems in cybersecurity for enterprises around the globe.
We're leading the way with innovative solutions that have been shaping the cybersecurity landscape for the past two decades. Our products and solutions help customers in a way that is simple, secure, and unique. For us, there's no cookie-cutter "quick solve" – we take risks and bring creativity and impact to our work. Join us to be a part of a company with exciting momentum offering competitive salaries, stock options, and great perks.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will take the lead on directly supporting the MySQL back-end used by our security-focused software products. Responsibilities include working as part of an agile team to design, provision, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain the MySQL instances backing our public cloud identity management solution. Successful candidates must have extensive experience administering MySQL, be comfortable with both small/isolated instances and large/multi-tenant instances, be a critical thinker, and have strong diagnostic skills to find and address problems. Additionally, the candidate must be highly organized with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supports and maintains mission-critical MySQL server instances
- Ensures cryptographic security of database data and all connections
- Architects and implements fault-tolerant design with minimal downtime during failover to other zones, regions
- Can independently setup monitoring and alerting in AWS for critical MySQL metrics (CPU%, slow queries, number of connections)
- Implements standard and advanced techniques for database backups providing minimal RPO while balancing cost
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs
- Collaborates with others to brainstorm how to tackle complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems
- Participate in on-call rotation to further provide mission-critical support
- 5+ years of MySQL administration experience
- Significant, hands-on experience with AWS services such as RDS, EC2, EKS, S3, VPC, CloudWatch
- Expertise with query optimization and performance tuning
- Direct experience defining and implementing aggressive RTO and RPO baselines
- Strong understanding of Linux OS fundamentals
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Authorization to work in the United States without Visa Sponsorship
Who We Are:
BIO-key International, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKYI) is an innovative provider of Biometric Identity and Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions. BIO-key has experienced phenomenal growth, attributing its success to an understanding of customers' pain, having the ability to demonstrate a positive return on investment, and differentiating itself from the competition by delivering flexible security solutions that have rapid time to value.